Monday, January 4, 2016

End of 2015 & Fibro Shatters My Fav Tea Tumbler

So I felt like doing a year-in-review for the blog as well as my tea adventures.  It has been an amazing journey.  I found out that I really love blogging but I also like the forum available through Instagram and Twitter.  I am on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and Pinterest.  I have business cards and even a personalized email via gmail for Tea Leaf Therapy.

I went from almost daily blogging to periodic and sporadic posts.  However I have thoroughly embraced the snapshot actions of Instagram and Twitter.  In addition I have enjoyed the forum permitted by the blog and twitter/facebook to spread awareness for fibromyalgia, self-care, depression, and anxiety disorders.  I am blessed to have the support of my family and friends but sometimes the pain clouds my mind and I need to have a place to relax and breathe.  Tea has been that safe "place".  I have a tea nook at home full of a ton of various teas, loose leaf and bagged.  I have started collecting cool tea cups and even pins (Thanks Jacqs!)

If you have been watching my almost daily Instagram posts you've seen me posting a ton of photos with various stress helpers (aka my stuffed animals) and several fun photos that make me smile and hopefully can help others to smile.

My fibro has been getting progressively more of a trouble and my hands and feet are certainly feeling the effect.  There are some days where I hope I don't have to write or type anything but thankfully all of the breathing techniques and clarity meditations (facilitated by making, pouring, and drinking tea) have been able to help me keep perspective and find the happiness in each day.

So in that vein, I am posting about something that made me sad and happy.  If you've seen the pictures via Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, you will have seen a beautiful glass tea tumbler in it.  Well, we hit the end of the year on Thursday...and apparently my fibromyalgia really wanted to ring out 2015 with a bang.  I lost balance and grip causing my tea tumbler from Purely Tea (previously known as #Uendure) to fall and explode on impact with the driveway.  No one was hurt but I immediately started to cry.  I have been a bit more emotional with my fibro near the end of the year since it has claimed a cup or two and now my tea tumbler.

David gave me a hug and comfort as Rich picked up the bigger glass pieces.  David then told me that he'd get me another tea tumbler from Purely Tea and suggested I write them to let them know about the broken tumbler and make a suggestion or two about possible silicon sleeve to protect it from falls or any other ideas, as well as my encouragement of their brand.  So last night I wrote a letter/contact to Purely Tea.  So while my tumbler was broken, I was still able to do something positive and that is the lesson I am taking away from 2015 and bringing a happy Red-Panda-Girl (explanations later) outlook in spite of the things that make me sad or upset.

Welcome to 2016 and the continued adventures of Tea Leaf Therapy...

No comments:

Post a Comment