Monday, March 30, 2015

Cthulhu & Mage Go To Boston (and Salem)


 So David and I (as well as Cthulhu, Mage, and Padfoot) went to Boston for the weekend to see Mitzie and Eric.  We ended up seeing several other people, not everyone we would have hoped but there is only so much you can do in such a limited amount of time.  We originally had an awesome idea of getting up there mid afternoon but the traffic in Connecticut was HORRIBLE.  so instead of getting there mid afternoon we ended up not getting to Boston until later into the evening.

David was exhausted and due to the stress of the drive I ended up having some horribly painful fibro spikes that made me feel like someone was chiseling into my spine and legs.  Thankfully Mitzie and Eric are wonderful and they had some tea set out for when we got there.  I had some tasty Peach Fairy from Virtuous Teas.

If you've never been to Boston, you may have not seen the statue I have two photos of here...that is the Johnny Kelley statue near Newton's city hall.  He competed in the Boston Marathon 60+ times.  He was also named the "Runner of the Century" (honestly cannot remember who dubbed him that though).  Anyway, the reason it is included is because we were going down Comm Ave (Commonwealth Ave for those of you that don't know) and the statue had bunny ears on the figures and each had Easter baskets!  It was hilarious!  Sadly the photo I took was from the stoplight and there was too much traffic on Walnut to get a good shot.  I had to share though.

We ended up having a nice dinner at Little India in Waltham.  I had Darjeeling tea (which they almost forgot to give me) and a delicious Lamb Korma.  
We just relaxed and had a nice meal, Eric risked it and had Vindaloo which was spicy but I guess not too horrible.  I just wanted comfort food so the Korma hit the spot.

I was happy and went to sleep and slept well..the sleep of a girl who stressed out as the passenger.  David also fell asleep like he had been through a stressful battle.

I had really wanted to go to Salem and go tea shopping while we were up in the Boston area, we ended up being able to go to Salem and visit with Sean and Samara while we were up there.  We went to Gulu Gulu Cafe for "brunch".  I had a delicious chai (they call it a chai latte but since that's redundant I thought I would just call it what it was) followed by a very tasty Blue Flower Earl Grey.

I ordered a Patsy's Breakfast "Burger".  It was a tasty egg with portabella mushroom sandwich with spinach and cheese on bun of choice.  I chose an Everything Bagel of course.


 It was snowing out (yes...it is apparently spring) but Sean and Samara were awesome enough to trek across the common to join us.  So Tammi, E, Mitzie, David and I chatted with them and got to spend a nice time.  David and I had not been to Sean and Samara's apartment before - it is GORGEOUS!  Pugsley and Wednesday (their ADORABLE kittens) were so darned cute!  It was so wonderful to spend time with them before they had to run to a wedding (Congrats to the Roberges!)

I wanted to go be my cute pagan self and so Mitz and I went all over town enjoying a wonderful day looking for statuary, ritual items, herbs, etc.  There were a few moments in the day that weren't so awesome (most of which being the cold rain/snow/slush) but honestly we spent an amazing day with our friends.  Walt came over to Mitzie and E's apartment and we played Apples to Apples.  I WON!!  After the day I was not doing so hot... I was exhausted and started to shake and have temperature regulation issues.  Everyone was wonderful and put up with me as they piled blankets on me and put a heat pad on me.  I started to feel better after some food and a lot of blankets.  It was also the wonderful feeling of having friends with us.

We drove home midday on Sunday.  It is always hard to leave Boston, since David and I really love the city but most importantly we love our friends.  I am back to looking into work in Massachusetts (western or boston area would be great).  Speaking of that - if anyone knows of any recruiters or headhunters for professionals, please let me know.  I am going to need help finding leads if we are going to move back to Mass.

1 comment:

  1. I loved what little of Boston and Salem I visited a few years back. Sad I didn't see more than a Davids Teas while there!

    ReplyDelete