Friday, May 15, 2015

That Time We Fought Unending Hordes of Kobolds...

It is Friday - so it's GAME NIGHT!!  We're playing a D&D campaign, that Rich is DM'ing, that is set in FUTURE Barran (yes, the same world base as our LARP chapter).  We're a small party of level three characters.  The Adventurer's Guild set our group of novices out into the woods...we happened upon a few small bands of kobolds.  The ones we fought are pictured to the right.  Anyway, so we thought it was just a few small groups but ultimately it turned out to be the location of the MF'ing CLOWN CAR OF MF'ing KOBOLDS!


We killed 58 kobolds before we had to call it a night, at midnight.  I was already tired from the work day so to put this lightly I was so tired I couldn't put sentences together let alone effectively communicate my attacks.  SO I just stabbed things that came at me or just kept five-foot stepping to attack the next dodgy MF'er.  At about 10:30pm I was drawing in sidewalk chalk on our attic floor.  I put up a "here lies" for the infinite kobolds that we were slaughtering.

"15 Azthayir - HERE LIEZ [INFINITE] DED KOBOLDZ"

By the end of the evening I was so fed up with kobolds that I asked David to write "DEATH TO KOBOLDS" on my arm in Suudic.  Suudic is the alphabet that David created as the written language of the Apsuudi or Dreamtime in Barran.  Yes, I was having a moment.  Don't worry everyone, I did not get this tattooed on my left arm.  I do think I will get a Suudic tattoo or something else to tell David I love him (yes I am weird)...but this would not be my phrase of choice.

I drank a few cups of white peach tea from +Adagio Teas while we gamed and it was a delightfully light brew.  So, I guess here is a custom made sales pitch for D&D geeks, "When you're slaying unending hordes of kobolds in a low-level campaign, quench your thirst with a pot of white peach tea.  You'll be able to stay awake enough to continue rolling the minimum necessary to kill every last one of those annoying and dodgy MF'ers."

No comments:

Post a Comment