Sunday, August 2, 2015

Blogging: Therapy, Sharing, Helpful...Not Another Stress

I generally suck at doing things half-way, I'm usually an all or nothing kind of person.  So when I started tea blogging I was posting a few blog posts a day, I was writing any thought I felt was worth putting down on the page and I was unapologetically issuing word vomit forth.  My use of the phrase "word vomit" isn't so much an ethical or quality assessment of the entries themselves, I actually think I was posting some good things.  What happened though was that I was stressing myself out trying to find something to post, I wasn't just posting when I found a worthy topic, I was thinking any random thought that came to my mind was needed.  I was also measuring my output by the amount of the page taken up or how many photos I included.  I was making myself sick by trying to make myself better.  I am still drinking tea every day and I am still happily trying new flavors out but I have taken a step back from the dedicated blog posts every day.  I am coming back now because I want to and not because I feel an obligation to.
If you follow my FB page or my Instagram you will see that I still do random posts there, but I started to dislike posting on Blogger, probably because I wasn't feeling inspired to write rather than an obligation to write.  No one should lose their voice that way.  It sucks.
So...I think I have found my voice again.  I will keep blogging, but I will blog when I want and not when I feel I must.  So - if you still follow this blog, then I encourage you to have patience with me and to watch the various means of posting that Tea Leaf Therapy has available to it, I will post where and when I want and I hope that in doing this I will share something substantial and helpful with you or at least offer some insight or comfort.  Thank you for reading this.  See you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, don't be discouraged that you can't blog every day. I knew before I even started blogging February 2010 I wouldn't be able to do that. I decided I'd blog once a week and have managed to do it, but sometimes just barely, and only by keeping a few posts ahead so that on busy (or ill) weeks I have something ready to go. I figure nobody wants to visit anybody's blog every day anyway, right? I occasionally write about tea, too, because I love tea (black tea) and drink it several times a day (and occasionally in the middle of the night!).

    ReplyDelete