Saturday, January 31, 2015

Back in the Swing of Things

Well, I missed posting for 2 days.  This was mostly due to the fact that I have had to drug myself to sleep for the last few days.  Prior to the last few days, I had stretched 3 days of limited sleep and severe fibro pain to the point that I was getting irritable and aggressive with people.  Let me tell you, this is not a recommended course of action.  My body has decided that while the 2 days of induced sleep were better than not sleeping, I am not out of the clear for fibro pain and massive spoon depletion. (see The Spoon Theory)
I thought about the chance that my recent intake of tea could have caused the issue, but when I checked the teas I was having after 5pm, I was only drinking herbals.  So that was a no.  I am still hunting for the perfect little tea set for myself at home, as the two pots I have just don’t scream “Emmy, the Tea Leaf Fairy” and I like the idea of a tea set that suits me.  Yes, I have my weird moments; this would be one of them.
I have been doing reviews and blend making on Adagio Teas site and I am almost up to $20 off my tea purchases.  I am not currently running low, so I guess I will horde my FC points (meaning Frequent Cups) until such time as I really need more.  But I have to say that I am proud of my work with teas and reviews this far.  I hope you have all enjoyed the journey.  I plan on trying for review of tea shopping and other such activities throughout the weeks.  I also have a lot of teas left to review.  So don’t run away yet, I have not lost steam in my ongoing train of tea thoughts. *chuckle*

So, it’s Friday and I just decided that I would get started with a new tea and finally I am drinking an old classic.
In a delicious mix of Indian Assam, Ceylon, and two types of green tea with black currant, the Whistling Kettle’s Prince of Wales makes for a nice cup of tea. 

The blend was originally devised for Edward, Prince of Wales, later King Edward VIII.  Prince Edward first granted Twinings permission to sell his personal blend using his royal title, in 1921. Twinings of London, however, has largely withdrawn its Prince of Wales tea from the United Kingdom market although it is still marketed abroad, as witnessed by Twinings's official regional websites. In its American online catalog, Twinings once stated that "Prince of Wales is a pure China black tea sourced from regions including the Yunnan province and other southern regions of China. This blend is light in color and has a smooth and mild taste, with a well-rounded character. Great in the late morning or in the afternoon, it is perfect with or without milk and can be sweetened to taste."
While King Edward VIII is far from my favorite English monarch, and I still bristle a little at a favorable mention of he and his wife (for which he abdicated the throne), this tea has a nice taste.  Yes, I am an American and yes it is a bit silly that I bother, but I am highly sympathetic to the smooth living of the Commonwealths and ultimately their monarchical figure heads.

So, other than my personal issues with the basis of the tea, I like the blend and I definitely think it is a nice “afternoon tea” flavor that allows me to set about relaxing.

(I placed my favorite little Viking next to the cup as a small play...it might be funny just to me but haha oh well)

No comments:

Post a Comment