Monday, January 26, 2015

Chocolate-Infused, Snowy Morning

We had a 2-hour delay today for the Capitol Complex.  It wasn't a horrible storm that came through but it did dust up the road a bit.  So at about 11pm last night we got the message about the delay and I had to call my staff, which also meant I didn't need to call anyone in the morning and I could sleep in a bit more.

Got into work and it was the usual song and dance, lots of reports to compile and send to managers and clerical for entry and tallying.  YAY!  SO BORING!  So while I was at compiling the numbers and waiting for the last of my staff to come in to the office I opened two chocolate infused tea pouches.  I tried Chocolate Chai first.

So Adagio Teas' Chocolate Chai is stated to be blended black tea, cinnamon bark, ginger root, cocoa nibs, natural cinnamon flavor and natural chocolate flavor.  Honestly, this is a delicious mix of chocolate and the flavors and spices of Masala Chai. It's a good mix and it is a good flavor.  The Ceylon black tea is chocolate infused, the Masala Chai spices blended with cardamom, ginger, cloves, cinnamon.  I like this with milk and some raw sugar.  I usually take my Chai with cream and sugar and with the cocoa nibs added, I definitely wanted that extra bit.

Now, in addition to Chocolate Chai, I also had Chocolate which is a black tea blended with cocoa nibs, powder, and a chocolate infusion.  This was amazingly delicious and was a grown-up but non-alcoholic version of hot cocoa.  Definitely a big win with me.  I steeped this a little longer than 3 minutes but definitely not more than 5 minutes, most black teas with this kind of infusion do not seem to be forgiving for long steeping.  I drank about half of a cup without milk and sugar and it wasn't a bad taste but I really like cocoa with milk, and it was cold outside so I wanted a cup of hot cocoa (tea).

Made for a nice morning.  YAY!


Draco-duck wanted to sit in the tea cup :)

Chocolate Chai with milk

No comments:

Post a Comment