Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fruity Day of Fruitiness!

So my day didn't really start well, I didn't sleep well and I woke up looking like someone had beat me up in my "sleep".  Got into work and completely seemed out of sorts for the morning chore of getting everything in working order for the running of my project and coverage of the phones.  I started a theme for the day, fruity teas of the berry variety, prior to lunch.  So I went out with David and Rich for lunch and when we got back I decided that it was time to relax with some tea while I worked on finishing up a review of some data for a report to my bosses.

The first tea was THE LEAGUE OF SUPERFRUITS from Virtuous Teas in Newton MA.  This was part of the gift shipment from Mitzie and E.  I LOVE THIS TEA!!  This is the company's statement about this delicious tea,
"Green Tea, Gojiberries, Lemongrass, Pomegranate, Blueberries.

The perfect tea for when you're taking a break fighting Super Villains. This tea is packed with superfruits, giving you the power you need to save the world from evil. Or coffee, which is the same thing, more or less."
 
Thank you so much to my wonderful friends for this gift, I absolutely love it!  The taste is just right, the tea flavor is fruity without being too harsh with tart.  The color was exactly what you would expect from a green tea with some dried fruit adding a bit of color difference once they become moistened in the hot water, releasing their tasty tasty fruitiness. (for any of you that did not know, I am possibly one of the biggest fans of fruit in any form that has ever existed.)


So next up was Wild Strawberry from Adagio Teas.  It is an herbal tea, so no caffeine, but I don't hold that against the tea.  The Wild Strawberry description is,
"Fresh strawberries, apple pieces, hibiscus flowers and rose hips create a mellow, almost dessert-like tea. Sweet strawberry and sugared rhubarb aroma, beautiful warm berry color, pleasantly aromatic and not super sweet."
This tea was bright and delicious, I allowed 10 minutes for it to steep properly and when I poured my cup, the tea had a beautiful red color and the aroma was absolutely delicious.  According to some reviewers, this tea will be delicious iced - I cannot wait to buy more, so I can have some iced after winter is over.



Finally I had the Whistling Kettle tea, Strawberry Green, a:
"Green tea, Freeze dried strawberries, Safflower petals"
This tea only takes about 3 minutes to steep and is delicious with or without honey.  I really really like it.  While I am ruined for any usual green tea since the ITO EN green blend the other day, I still enjoyed this one.  Strawberries will always hit the spot for me, this did not disappoint.  I would definitely point to this for a well rounded green tea with fruity delicious aroma and flavor.


So...I guess the moral of today's lesson is, if you're feeling like you need a pick me up...pick a fruit...tea :D

No comments:

Post a Comment