Wednesday, March 25, 2015

And Some Days Dancing and Singing in the Shower Feels Great


I have been having a problem with stress at work and I talked to my boss Jaffa about it.  He was really awesome and willing to talk and discuss my concerns, which helped me relax a little.  Staff concerns and issues have been plentiful and trying to handle those in a calm and understanding way has been difficult.  All a part of the job, understood, but it is stressful and someone in management needed to be awesome enough to listen.  That person is my boss.  YAY him.  Anyway, so it was a crappy day with some up points but as the meme to the left says, it could be worse so I guess celebrate the little victories.

So I went to Pilates tonight, which was awesome and wonderful.  We did some advanced moves and I was actually able to keep up and do some full moves that others in the class were not able to complete.  So that really was a boost to my day, a bright light of YAY!  It was a two-hour Pilates week, my teacher and I were the only ones for the Reformer class, which involves the machines.  It was nice to just relax.  Both of us admitted to needing it after our days and it was just nice to chat with a woman I think is really wicked cool and is willing to work with me on any issue regarding stress, flexibility, pain, fibro, endo.  I don't know if it is possible for every Spoonie but I highly recommend yoga and Pilates with an instructor that understands your ailment and limitations and is willing to work with you and challenge you within workable limits.  Anyway YAY being fit and healthy!!

David came to pick me up from class tonight and when we got home I had a package from +Tea Ave!!  It had three Oolong samples and an awesome note with cards from the founder and marketing directors.  I have been so happy with the blessings of dealing with several Tea companies and have been so excited and happy to see responses to my inquiries (yay and nay) as well as receiving some REALLY amazing tea!  I am very very excited to see what I think of these samples from Tea Ave as I know I love Oolongs and the flavors just sound delicious.  I will make sure to try at least one tomorrow and report back to you.

As the title of this entry states, I was feeling really good after class, and the tea delivery just made me do the "YAY I HAVE TEA DANCE" and so I decided to go take a shower, since after Pilates and sweat I probably need to not be a sweaty mess.  Anyway, I brought my BT speaker into the bathroom and turned on Pandora.  It was my "Feel Good" station and I just started to dance and sing in the shower to all the different songs.  I won't give you any more visuals or mind-bending images than that but it was just fun to belt out songs being drowned out by the volume of the music and the sound of the shower and do a little "dancing" while I "performed".  It was me being able to relax and let loose for a few and that just was the best therapy.

I wish you all the best and hope that you find that thing that makes you take a moment and smile.  Some times, just letting go of your worries and cares and having a moment to sing your heart out is the greatest feeling and can really make your night.  I hope you all have that ability and I wish you many smiles and lots of laughter.  Even if it is at yourself, because you always need the ability to laugh at something, especially yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment