Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Simple Thursday

Today was an all right day.  It was made awesome by being able to bring Toothless to work again and putting him on my chair when I had to leave the office and having him sit on the edge of my desk watching for staff that needed to ask questions.  Most people have gotten used to my eccentricities at this point, so no one is terribly surprised that I bring stuffed animals to work, wear strange outfits, cut off all my hair, dress up for Halloween, etc.
I brought some teas with me to work, being very excited to drink some of my personal blends.  I had my blend, Blood Moon, early in the morning (ok not early normally but it is still "early" for me - 9:30am).  The Blood Moon blend has blood orange, hibiscus, apple pieces, and Ceylon sonata (a citrusy black tea).  It was very tasty but I definitely wanted more punch, going to play with the blend a bit.
So I had the Adagio Formosa Oolong in the afternoon.  Formosa  means 'beautiful island'.  Formosa is what the Dutch traders called Taiwan. According to the research I have done on Formosa teas, this naming distinction is based on teas grown mainly north of Taipei.  Taiwan has a long and complex history with tea and one that is still celebrated today.  When I made my cup of Formosa Oolong today, I found that it was exactly what one would want and should expect a Taiwanese tea to taste like. Just the right amount of sweet and smooth, with a refreshing lingering taste. Definitely an every day tea, it might even make it up there with Earl Grey for a pleasant and spot on tea for any occasion.  Some people might find that they do not prefer the earthy taste of some Oolongs, I am not one of those people however.

Anyway, it was a busy evening for the first bit but the rest of the night was relaxed.  I have several more teas to review, and maybe I will pick up some samples from other companies this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment