Thursday, March 5, 2015

Early Dismissal for Snow! YAY!

When you hear the words "early dismissal for snow" you think that I might be talking about a school but no, because the streets of our capital are crappy and the city doesn't have a ton of money, we end up having problems with snow and ice on our streets.  So there are some times where we get snow days.  Today was one such.  We actually started off the day with no delay and no real indication of future accumulation beyond a light dusting.  Now, it had rained the night before so all of our vehicles had that super-awesome layer of icepack under the layer of snow, which sucked a bit to remove but the guys were able to clear the snow off quickly and we got to work with only a few minor "thank gods for ABS" exclamations.

We got in to work and I was already feeling crappy, which is actually why there was no post last night.  I made it in though (KUDOS to me *smiles*).  I brought Eeyore and Mage with me to work, which was awesome because they are awesome.  I also brought my +Adagio Teas Pomegranate Green tea with me and a small bag of Matcha to mix in for a morale booster.  I actually started my morning with a personal blend "Apple Harvest Festival" because who doesn't like starting their morning with apple cinnamon tea?? Seriously? ;)

A lot of staff called out of work, many of them come a bit of a distance to get to work and we had heard reports that York was worse off than Hburg.  So we were short-staffed but it was manageable.  While I had a few dizzy spells and some serious fatigue issues, the morning was fairly ok.  Monica was wonderful and when I had a dizzy spell she came over and kept me company for a bit until I stopped seeing double and could move my arms.  David was also sweet and was willing to help me get a new bottle of water on the water cooler/heater so I could have some hot water for my green tea.  About that point we had been watching the snow come down, I had finished a pot of "Apple Harvest Festival" and "Pomegranate Green" when we found out that we were being dismissed early due to the weather.  It was 3 hours early and as luck would have it, the announcement was made maybe 15 minutes prior to the eligibility for the first shift to leave.  I work the "later" shift, so I knew I would be the last or one of the two last Supervisors to leave.

The guys and I went to the cafeteria for lunch because I was not in a condition to walk to a local shop for lunch and we couldn't really rely on driving to get to a lunch spot safely or with enough time to eat and get back to work.  After lunch we got back to the office and I watched the phones to make sure we had enough coverage.  I brewed a mixed pot of Matcha and Pomegranate Green tea, delicious by the way, if you were wondering.  Honestly I think the subtly of the Matcha just makes the Pom Green tea taste a hint more delicate and I love it.  Don't get me wrong, I am seriously in love with Pom Green all on its own and will drink that every day for a long time if I had to, but I like mixing things up and adding my own flair to pretty much whatever I can, so this was my chance. YUM!

Anyway, both the Endo and Fibro were kicking my ass by the time we got home and I laid down.  I haven't been up much since then, I actually don't remember two hours and assume I just slept, no idea.  Always fun when you get fibro fog brain.  Not sure how I'll feel in the morning but I know I will be researching some "moon time" teas.  I know one through +Nuwati Herbals that I like, I am going to look at some other blends too.  I really need to study up on my herbs and their exact medicinal qualities so I can make some good blends for when my Endo is leaving me a pile of sobbing pain.

OK - time for bed.  I need to take some of my heavier meds and those require a while to sleep them off.  Love and hugs to you all!  And to my fellow Endo Sisters - may we one day find a cure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment