Friday, March 6, 2015

Tea Chests, Sunshine, and Whiskers on Kittens


So my tea chests are put together and that makes my temporary tea nook all finished for now. I was home sick with Endo cramps/pain today and got sick of being sick so I put together my second nine-drawer tea chest. I divided up the teas by source and type and put them in the tea chests. Finally I have some form of order to my tea nook. My teapots are on display and I have my Irish blessing plate on display too. It seems like cheating but I do have packets of Thai Iced Tea mix. I also have packs of honey sticks and two honey jars from +The Bee Folks.


Friday nights are gaming nights. We are currently playing +Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.  I am playing a "blood-thirsty" Half-Elf Barbarian named Erzsebet de Ecsed. Because why the heck not? ;) I decided to drink Hot Cinnamon Tea from +Harney & Sons. It has helped me have a tasty cuppa but has not assisted my rolls against the STUPID BARBED DEVIL in front of me!! I have some of the best ability at fighting for the group and I cannot kill this darned thing.


I felt like taking a picture of my adorable furbaby Acheron. He kept me company today while I was sleeping off the effects of my meds.

I ended up mixing up my own blend. I am calling it "Kitchen Sink" not because it tastes bad but because I mixed together a bunch of my favorite teas/ingredients. I mixed white tea, acai berries, green tea, ginger root, and jasmine tea. Yes, it is a weird mix but it is rather tasty. :) Yay me! I will try more strange mixes later this weekend.  I'll keep you all posted.

So we survived the night for our Pathfinder game...though it was almost a TPK (total party kill)...and my barbar got pissed off enough at one point she just chucked her wicked huge two-handed sword at the barbed devil.  I was pretty sure that Erzsebet, had this been LARP, would have had a plethora of curses to hurl at the stupid thing too.  That devil was seriously pissing me off, and the damned thing "hugged" her so it was able to do double damage.  I am the party tank and it took me down, dropped my rage...it seriously SUCKED!  But again, we won...by the skin of our teeth.  Now to bed.  We have a dinner party and pseudo-staff meeting tomorrow.  We'll see how this goes as I have a lot of pain still kicking me in the face.

Good night all!

2 comments:

  1. OMG gaming disasters are THE WORST! I love the idea of a half-elf barbarian, that sounds freaking badass!! Hope your pain eases up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yeah, she's a fun bad-ass to play...just annoying when you cannot get the dice to roll properly. LOL.

      Delete