Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Pu Erh Spice...not a favorite but still kinda OK

So...we have found it, a tea I am not fond of drinking.  It is a very strange feeling.  I opened the pouch and the fragrance hit me immediately.  The aroma is not unpleasant but it has a strange spice scent that just seemed to overpower anything else in the pouch, I am assuming it is the aniseed and cinnamon bark, not sure though.  When I put water in, I started to smell a leathery scent, which normally isn't one I react badly to but isn't really something I want to drink.   I think this is my first cup of tea, let alone Pu Erh I do not like much. Without milk and honey the leathery tanning taste is too much for me, I don't generally like feeling like I am drinking a leather store.  Probably harkening to my work with leather for LARP armor and really not being a huge fan of the wet leather and tanning smell every day.   When I added creamer and honey it mellowed out and I was able to enjoy the spice a little better but it was definitely a disppointment.

Today has been the usual hurry to make up time kinda work day and I really need to make another tea to settle me down.  Have to make up for the lack of enjoyment for the Pu Erh Spice.  Other than that, I've been getting updates and photos from Alex while he is in Istanbul, I would love to be there.  So I told him he has to send me photos so I can live vicariously.  As a student of religion and a huge history/cultures crazy person, I could tell you any number of facts about Istanbul, about the rise and fall of the Ottomans, the international relations of Turkey in the modern age, etc.  Most of all I want with a huge portion of my heart to see the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia.  A million other locations within Istanbul as well, but those two in the majority.  They won't be in Turkey long before heading to Germany and ending in Berlin.  A very cool vacation, if you ask me.

Ok, well my lunch is done and I should be getting back to work, stay safe out there everyone.  It has started to snow and in true central Pennsylvania fashion no one can drive, the roads look like crap, and all of the schools panicked before the first snowflake even fell.  *indulgent sigh*  I am going to stare out the window and watch the snow fall between actual work and maybe have a cup of Earl Grey.

Snow is so pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment