Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Mary Lambert Is My "Spirit Guide"

I woke up and promptly fell back into sleep looking like Boris Karloff's Mummy (BTW, if you need to follow the wiki link to find out who Boris Karloff was...I am disappointed in you :P).  I couldn't move and I seriously was wondering if I was making my initial journey into the Duat.  I apparently was channeling Boris Karloff for the first few hours today because I also did my best rendition of his Frankenstein's monster as I shuffled from the house to the car, from the car into work, and about my morning craziness at work.  Marc reminded me that we had not had a meeting on Monday and we needed to discuss and plan for the bi-weekly training for Wednesday.  My smart mouth got me volunteered for that duty...YAY! (/sarcasm).

I made myself +The Tea Spot's Shagadelic English Breakfast tea with milk and sugar, because I'm cool like that, and promptly drank the whole cup in a very short amount of time.  I am sure 64.1 million plus Brits all felt a disturbance in the tea-force this morning with how fast I uncouthly finished that cuppa and made myself a second (which also got finished faster than a frat guy finishes a beer and crushes it on his forehead).  I made out my "lesson plan" for Wednesday's training and then proceeded to go about normal work processes.
David was having a bit of an off day, so I sent him a message or two but I didn't want to bother so I just did a lot of focusing on work as I plotted my eventual mind-control plans for the office..I mean...training session for Wednesday.

I listened and danced to every song that +Mary Lambert has ever made, followed by +Amanda Palmer.  That was a lot of female empowerment, so I felt like being a smart-a** so after I had found out some unpleasant "feedback"/news earlier in the day I sounded off on vague-book and expected someone to tell me to chill out.  I was surprised when even to now I have not been told to calm the f*** down, but I honestly wasn't angry I was actually rather dismissive and honest about the fact that I don't have time for drama and the BS of being two-faced.  I call a spade a spade.  (I also know how to use one)

Anyway.  I played with the toys on my desk, Draco-duck being one (he would be the crying duck to the left) (you might recognize him from other staged photos of my tea at work and past blog entries), while I amused myself on my 15 minute afternoon break and made myself the upteenth-millionth cup of Matcha this week.  This blend was from +Adagio Teas, which means that I was at least varying my green tea drinking.  I posted a fun photo I doctored via photo editor to Twitter and Instagram.  At that point my break was over and I had a brief meeting with my staff reviewing our plans to storm the beaches for the next week.
Got home tonight and we kept to ourselves and just relaxed.  I made myself a blend of what I will call "White Strawberries".  It was white tea and wild strawberry herbal tea with blue cornflowers.  I reheated dinner from last night for both David and I and he played Dishonored.  Good thing to note, I recognized one of the guy's voices as that of Piter De Vries...or at least who I identify as Piter from the David Lynch adaptation of Frank Herbert's DUNE...the actor's actual name is Brad Dourif.  You might know him as Grima Wormtongue from the LOTR movies, Doc Cochran in Deadwood, or Billy Bibbit in One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest (seriously just look at the link I set up to his IMDB page - he has literally been in everything and he's played every truly awesome psycho in any show ever).
I had a bit of "therapy" from my amazing doctor's Ben & Jerry, in the frozen chocolaty ice cream variety.  And now I feel more than prepared for sleep.  I have finished this blog entry at this point, so I leave you with the awesomeness that is Mary Lambert.  GOOD NIGHT!


Below are Mary Lambert's lyrics to the above awesome song, "Secrets", all rights to Ms. Lambert and her label, I am sharing because SHE IS AMAZING!!!  I have been dancing like a psycho to her music (specifically this song) for two days.  Enjoy.  OH!  And buy her MUSIC!!

"Secrets"

I've got bi-polar disorder
My shit's not in order
I'm overweight
I'm always late
I've got too many things to say
I rock mom jeans, cat earrings
Extrapolate my feelings
My family is dysfunctional
But we have a good time killing each other

[Pre-Chorus:]
They tell us from the time we're young
To hide the things that we don't like about ourselves
Inside ourselves
I know I'm not the only one who spent so long attempting to be someone else
Well I'm over it

[Chorus:]
I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are (secrets are)
I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are (secrets are) So-o-o-o-o what
So what
So what
So what

I can't think straight, I'm so gay
Sometimes I cry a whole day
I care a lot, use an analog clock
And never know when to stop
And I'm passive, aggressive
I'm scared of the dark and the dentist
I love my butt and won't shut up
And I never really grew up

[Pre-Chorus]

They tell us from the time we're young
To hide the things that we don't like about ourselves
Inside ourselves
I know I'm not the only one who spent so long attempting to be someone else
Well I'm over it

[Chorus:]
I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are (secrets are)
I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are (secrets are)
So what
So what
So what
So what
I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are (secrets are)
I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are (secrets are)
So what
So what
So what
So what

(I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are)
So what
So what
So what
So what

No comments:

Post a Comment