Monday, February 23, 2015

"We're All MAD Here"

Yesterday and today were difficult for spoon management, so most of my writing today will be supplemented by pictures.  I just made myself a quick small pot (the Tea Forte Pugg Pot) of Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice tea.  It is amazing and I drank the whole pot rather quickly.  My hands hurt and I am at the shaky point of exhausted, so this will be brief.

Today was a normal Monday at work.  Not too terrible but I had a bit of a hard time waking up, so I was dragging a bit.  I think the constant waves of temperature changes and such are taking their toll and in between each relaxing moment of tea drinking, shopping, or snuggling my husband have been moments that tax my strength and remind me to breathe.  I made a sign for Alex today and decided to hang it outside my desk because, while he needs to be reminded to breathe and lean on his support when necessary, we all need reminded of that.

I made more Republic of Tea Double Green Matcha Tea during work and that kept me going.  I was reminded throughout work as I made several cups that I should always be mindful during drinking tea and especially when it comes to the last drops and dredges of a Matcha cup.

It got me thinking philosophically and thought I found an interesting parallel to life with that.  We should remember to drink life to the fullest, even consuming the dredges or leaf remains that made it through the tea ball, because not only are their messages with what remains after we've finished our cups, making sure not to waste or to lose the nourishment of the final sip because we might miss something all together if we did.  I will need to reread one of my Zen & Japanese culture teacher's essays about the Way of Tea again, I felt like he and his wife (my Tea Master/Teacher at school) were talking to me through the Ether.

I made dinner and that completely spent any and all strength I had to do much of anything.  I was craving stir fry so we went to Weis and I grabbed boneless chicken breast, vegetables, GF Stir Fry Sauce, eggs, and a new bag of Jasmine Rice.  I have always loved eggs in my rice/stir fry, so after the rice had cooked and I prepared the stir fry, I mixed some rice in with three scrambled/stir fried eggs and served it all in a nice heaping pile of yum.

It was David, Rich, Scott, and I home for dinner tonight, so there was plenty of food and leftovers for lunches tomorrow.  They guys said they liked it and that makes me happy.  I was nervous because I tried pre-seasoning the chicken with red curry and turmeric before adding the stir fry sauce, I think it made the plate aromatic and gave the chicken a few more layers of flavor.  So all in all, I am proud of myself.  The guys were nice enough to clean up as I was completely spent regarding standing up and putting everything away at that point.

Now I am curled up on my wonderful, soft bed all covered in blankets and watching David play Dishonored.  I am sleepy but I wanted to get this blog entry in, since I missed yesterday to fibro-naps.  I was completely gone yesterday, I guess the guys tried to wake me, which didn't work.  OH!  My purchases came already, which is how I got to enjoy the Hot Cinnamon Spice tea in my Pugg teapot.  More posts tomorrow.  I'm using Instagram now too, so tons of posts to Twitter and Facebook for #TeaLeafTherapy and amazing bright spots when companies and fellow tea bloggers favorite or share my posts and comment in interest.  While I am tired from spent spoons recently, blogging about tea and being active in my love of tea has given me a wonderful outlet that helps me gather myself up to be excited and proud.  Now to keep going and conquer the world...I mean share my love of tea and celebrate the cultural impact/significance and beauty of TEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment