Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday...You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...

No seriously Friday, you and I are not on good terms right now.  Friday is supposed to be the fun day, the "win" day, the "thank [insert]* god it's..." today has been insanely annoying.  I have so many "fires" that required skilled "putting out", irate people to talk politely to, and of course the never ending comedy of errors that is the paperwork that comes across my desk for review.  I normally look forward to Fridays because we can dress down and I can be a little more relaxed on my staff when they are getting the giggles about the upcoming weekend.  I kept my grumbles to a minimum and just "gave up" on certain aspects of the day after I couldn't bring myself to be upset any more with SEVERAL not good errors.

I didn't have most of my teas today.  I mixed together a blend of raspberry black tea and forest berry black tea from +Adagio Teas early in the morning.  When the day started to get more insane and I needed cobwebs forcefully evicted from my brain, I ended up drinking my own mix or a "poor-man's" version of Dirty Chai...
"Dirty Chai is a popular coffeeshop drink. It's an espresso drink made of a shot of espresso mixed into a 'chai tea' (or masala chai). It's usually made with a chai concentrate, steamed milk and a single shot of espresso." - excerpt from About.com article.

...and bought my staff, Rich, and David some pie for PI Day.  My "poor man" version is just strong coffee mixed with +Tazo Tea Classic Chai.  It is actually tasty and if you have creamer it makes it smooth but delightfully spiced.  PI Day isn't until tomorrow (3/14/15) but since our office is not open on Saturdays and it is a wonderful excuse to bring in pies for sale, benefiting the activities/morale committee fund on our floor, and we enjoy partaking.

So, some redemption to the day though I could not eat most of the pies because of the additives and crusts having gluten, so I bought a Strawberry pie and just scraped the strawberries and goo off the crust and ate the strawberries. YAY SOLUTIONS!  I am not suffering from Celiac's (THANKYOU!) so I can cut corners like that.  I usually eat minimal amounts of gluten in a week, so my system doesn't go completely haywire but not nearly the amount I used to eat.  I have noticed a small difference in my joints, though it could be psychosomatic.  I don't hold the 100% no gluten life because I just am horrible at 100% denial of things unless absolutely medically necessary.

I am looking forward to the weekend.  No Pathfinder gaming tonight but we might play boardgames or something else at the house.  David and I have plans tomorrow morning and afternoon, hopefully I am having an ok day so we can venture over to a friend's house for a PI Day Extravaganza.  YAY!

OK, maybe more later.  For now, getting the last of the office work done before 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment