Saturday, March 14, 2015

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Poetry Is "Hard"...

...and I love making personal tea blends.


I blended up some fun teas tonight on +Adagio Teas, calling the set of teas "Poetry is Hard".  I was actually hanging out with David and wanted a decaf tea and I have no idea why but the poem "Roses Are Red..." kept running through my head.  So I decided to create some personal blends but with a little twist.  As someone who dabbles as a poet, I enjoy teasing myself and others with "poetry", so this was a funny way to poke fun and get some tasty tea blends out of it.

Roses Are Red

The tea is blended with apple pieces, rose hips, hibiscus flowers, raspberry leaves, natural strawberry flavor, cranberries, natural watermelon flavor, rose petals, strawberries, natural raspberry flavor, and raspberries.

I wanted herbal & fruit blends that fit to the 'poem'. Also I love my hibiscus tea mixed with various fruits, so yay!

Violets Are Blue

The tea is blended with green rooibos tea, rose hips, hibiscus flowers, apple pieces, natural blueberry flavor, blueberries, raspberry leaves, cranberries, and blue cornflowers.

Next line of the poem. You know, the blue part ;)  I was actually starting to get nervous that this blend wouldn't work out but I think I found the right combination.

This Tea Is Sweet

The tea is blended with green rooibos tea, honeybush tea, chamomile flowers, rooibos tea, peppermint leaves, orange peels, marigold flowers, strawberries, apple pieces, natural peach flavor, natural apricot flavor, natural strawberry flavor, natural vanilla flavor, natural orange flavor, apricots

I made up my own third line of the 'poem' Get it? HEHHE The picture on the blend is because kittens are cute and sweet (not tasting sweet though, I do not recommend eating kittens)

And So Are YOU!

The tea is blended with rooibos tea, peppermint, honeybush tea, cocoa nibs, natural chocolate mint flavor, natural chocolate flavor, and peppermint leaves.

Final line of the 'poem' stays the same. I dedicate this 'Poetry Is Hard' blend to my husband, David.  The picture used is the cake table at our wedding this past August.
Anyway, today was PI Day and it was nice to just spend the day with David.  The house was empty today and eventhough David wasn't feeling well I was able to get a bunch done.  I had a few pots of tea today, mostly ones I have had before.  I started out with White Cab from +Short and Stout Tea and have been sampling some of my Adagio blends.  Finally I am ending the evening with Wild Strawberries and Mint tea, my own blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment