Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Insomnia and I Are Getting A Divorce

OK, seriously...Insomnia can go suck an egg.  I attempted to sleep from 11pm to 4am...I tossed, turned, flipped, had one leg under the blankets and one leg out, slept under a cover, over a cover, covered my head in a pillow, "slept" on my stomach, back, side...It was a gymnastics event in attempting to sleep.

I had a delicious cup of "Dream" tea to go to bed.  It is a mix of chamomile, lemon balm, lemon grass, mint, and Valerian root.  This should have helped me to sleep but it seems Insomnia and I were having an issue.  I seriously kept trying to think of ways to make myself sleep.  I couldn't take sleeping pills that late because I metabolize sleep meds..well..meds period about as fast as molasses in winter.

So...I got to sleep at about 4am-ish and woke up once more to the "oh crap it's time to get up" slump.  We went to work and I immediately made myself two pots of tea.  I don't mean one and then the other, I mean I actually made two pots right there and then set to work with my tea and some vitamin/supplements to help me at least get through the day.

David was really cute and sweet all day and I couldn't help smiling and blushing every time I saw him.  It really helped me get through the day.  Especially because it seemed like the insomnia was a new bug going through the office and most of my staff were a bit prickly and at the end of their ability to filter.  I had a lot of Earl Grey from +Gevalia and just kept working to get through the day.

I had a wonderful email message from a tea company today too.  I really loved the down-to-earth and honest wording and it was way too cool.  I love getting these emails, positive or negative.  I also cannot wait for the tea samples to arrive.  I am excited to flood social media with my reviews.  It picked me up and got me through the afternoon, other than awesome smiles from my amazing husband, of course.  You have no idea how beyond the moon I am to see him smile and just get to be near him.  (yes, ewww...I love my husband...I'm gross ;P)

When we got home today my package from +Front Porch Tea Room had arrived.  I took a picture and giddily danced through the kitchen.  I made sure to check everything and then took a picture of the teas.  I had a large pot of VERY BERRY.  It is very tasty and exactly what it says it is, very berry.  I really liked it.  I love fruity teas, is anyone surprised?  And I definitely plan on buying more.  So when I need to pick up the Polar Fire tea I was unable to get this last time I will probably be getting a refill of Very Berry too.  So for the first tea from the local shop +Front Porch Tea Room, I say "WELL DONE"  I look forward to tasting the other teas from my order.

No comments:

Post a Comment