Wednesday, March 11, 2015

“May we exist like a lotus..."

"...At home in the muddy water. / Thus we bow to life as it is." - Zen saying

The temperature got up to about 50° today.  It was amazing.  I haven't been feeling really well lately the fibro is kind of taking its toll every so often, but even feeling really crappy with weighted limbs, just general lethargy was completely negated by a few moments of warm sunshine.  Had to get my Pilates stuff together this morning, which caused us to run around a little bit discombobulated in order for me to grab some of my teas from the +Front Porch Tea Room.  I ended up just defaulting to my personal blend, "Blood Moon" that I have from +Adagio Teas and Gevalia Ceylon Citrus Spice.

One of David's drawings from dinner
The day of work was kind of standard training Wednesday, we had our biweekly morning training that thankfully I did not have to partake in, and then we ended up having another meeting about a new process and procedure.  So be taking a few more things on my plate, but not a big deal because it actually should help things run a little smoother.    I'm probably going to have to have a meeting with my staff tomorrow to go over the new procedures and how were going to integrate them into our process.  I might bring Eeyore with me again tomorrow, and maybe some of the teas to test them out.

I wasn't really feeling Pilates tonight after we had a fire alarm at 2 PM.  That involved walking down fifteen floors of steps and then dealing with some staff being difficult and refusing to follow the safety rules in place.  I was shaking pretty bad after we got down the stairs, not from fear but it is a lot of slow stop and go on the stairs as we try to evacuate all eighteen floors of people.  David was able to give me some hugs and he took my backpack from me so my body didn't have any additional weight to deal with.  I wrote my Pilates instructor and informed her that I wouldn't be there tonight, and the little guys and we decided we were still going to go to the restaurant/pub that we usually go to.

David drawing at Dinner
When 5 o'clock hit it was really nice the weather was pretty outside and the sun was shining was just a really nice opportunity to feel not so crap because obviously the weather wasn't crappy.  What a difference the sun and a little bit of warmer weather makes.  So we got to the restaurant and requested our usual waitress, Jamie, she was surprised to see us so early but she was also very happy to see us.  We had some nice dinner and a beer or two and just relaxed, I made the guys laugh by taking Instagram photos of them as they waited for our drinks.  David has been feeling inspiration for drawing and so he started drawing some beautiful pen and ink lotuses.  I don't think that alcohol is the cure for much if anything but the chance to sit down and have a tasty meal and good company was wonderful.

A Painting David worked on after dinner
When we got home I took a shower and then made myself a nice pot of tea.  I mixed up a pot of white tea with the last bit of Persephone White Tea from +Virtuous Tea.  It is a nice smooth tea that I really like and obviously really like since it is now all gone.  Except that I have a few teas coming in from several tea companies in the next week or so, I would make a new order now but I want to be able to review new teas as often as possible.  Seriously though, if you're looking for a nice tasting white tea, this one is very pleasant.

OK.  I am going to turn in early tonight but I do plan on having some reviews done of newer teas tomorrow.  If I remember to actually take my breaks tomorrow.  (you have no idea how hard it is to remember to take those breaks, especially when you're single-minded like I am and want to get as much work done and off your desk as possible.)  I do need to take a break tomorrow, at least to write a review or two and post for you all - so here is my stated intent...we'll see if I can actually follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment