Thursday, February 19, 2015

Mental Health and the Body's Reactions

So, like I told you last night, I had a crap day yesterday.  Nothing really bad happened today and that was a blessing, what did happen though is that I feel like I got hit by a freight train.  I even warned my boss that I wasn't all together there, he understood (another blessing).  I dealt with the usual Supervisory requirements and tried to sort through the stacks of paperwork and decision-making issues.  All told, I did not do too badly and I got through the day.  David was having a bit of a roller-coaster day, so he wore himself out by early afternoon.

During the morning I started out with Adagio Teas English Breakfast.  I very much wish I could have had the full English Breakfast, but I settled for a banana and tea.  I don't normally eat a lot during the morning on workweeks, mostly some fruit and tea or coffee.  If you're not used to the taste of English Breakfast tea, it is a blend of Assam, Ceylon, and Kenya tea.  English Breakfast is the quintessential English tea, black with a robust flavor and without a lot of flare.  But don't let that description sell it short, you really cannot go wrong with this blend.  You can have sugar and milk or black and it will give you a pep.

About midday I decided to try another of the blends I got from Kelly and Dustin, the White Cab.  It was like drinking a delicious cup of white wine, with light and airy qualities, but with the delicious hints of a red wine Cabernet Savignon.  The blend is a white tea with a Cab Sav infusion, so it is a very special tea.  I don't know if I can really explain but it is delightful and I would recommend it to anyone.

After the Thursday Meeting, I went back to my desk and I had a cup of Blue Cloud from Short & Stout Tea Company (in Albany, NY).  The blend is a green Sencha with blueberries, vanilla, and lavender.  If you're not familiar with Sencha, it refers to Japanese ryokucha (or green tea); it is the most popular tea in Japan.  Senchado refers to the Way of Sencha, which is its own formal art of tea and ceremony.  Anyway, the taste of Blue Cloud is very smooth and while I am not usually a fan of tasting lavender, it was not overpowering or unpleasant.  The vanilla gave the tea a light taste and the Sencha did not have an overly earthy or seaweed taste, which is good because I like seaweed but I don't want it in my tea regularly.

So David and I thought it would be best, especially since I had spent all my spoons getting through the normal day, that we should spend a quiet night in.  I had purchased some special snacks at Wegmans the other day and so we're cloistered in our room just relaxing, playing video games, eating prosciutto and drinking tea.  A perfect evening if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment