Saturday, February 21, 2015

"Is There Any Tea on This Spaceship?"

So early today I had the Night of the Iguana Chocolate Chai from +The Whistling Kettle.  It's a blend of chocolate and masala spices that really makes a nice addition to the base of black tea. I like my chai with milk and sugar, so I had that added and it was DELICIOUS.

Usually chai is made with "lesser" black tea but Whistling Kettle uses a good high Ceylon for their mix and I agree with their intent to make it a better blend overall.  I really loved the taste.  I absolutely love the taste of chai and the spice mix is perfect for any time of day.  Though obviously as it has caffeine, probably not a sleepy time tea.

So my next cuppa was White Champagne Raspberry, also from The Whistling Kettle.  It is a white tea with an infusion of champagne and raspberry bits.  I always love this tea, and sadly that means my supply is running low.  It is light and sweet with the delicious tart qualities of raspberry.

After I had my own mix of Hibiscus and Strawberry black tea.  It is a mix of Ceylon and Hibiscus flowers with Strawberry infusion and pieces added in.  It is very tasty, if I do say so myself, and I am going to have a lot more pots of that blend when I need a fruity pick-me-up.

After those, I decided to make some purchases of additional teas and a few new pieces of teaware.

I always like buying local, so I checked out a local shop in Hallam, PA (York area) called The Front Porch Tea Room.  The flavors I picked up were:

Apple Strudel tea
Pomegranate tea
Very Berry tea
Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake tea
Strawberry Cream tea
Polar Fire tea


Additionally, I grabbed the following from +Amazon.com:

+Harney and Sons Fine Teas - Hot Cinnamon Spice tea
+Tea Forte Pugg Ceramic Teapot
Tea Spot Ceramic Tea Mug with Infuser
Tea Spot Loose Leaf Teas Gift Set

2 comments:

  1. We really need to add to your organizer so it can hold all of your new acquisitions. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed though we might need to plot out a new placement

      Delete