Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Teas, Twitter, and Tears

So today was difficult.  It was a mix of ups and downs.  Some wonderful high points and some dreadful lows.  My fibro was less intense pain and more mental fog and confusion, which always makes for an interesting adventure while working.  I am proud of myself for going to work today, but sadly I was only as useful as the immediate issue required and tasks took me longer than normal.


 So the morning was full of tasty Double Green Matcha Tea and Twitter.  I filled out a Winter Interview for Drink Militia (you can see my answers here).  I was so excited as there were several people now following my Twitter account and the world of tea blogging was opening up before me.  It was so very exciting and I am so happy to be getting some more exposure.  I also was working on getting more information on Tea Blogging internationally and Tea Reviewing.  I am so very excited for the coming awesomeness.  SO that was a lot of happy.

Several supervisory duties took place today, all with some form of added stress or other, though the day wasn't so bad that I couldn't just push through it.  Well, that was until the end of the day.  Actually right near close, to be specific.  I got a supervisor call, basically when someone is done listening to the sound advice or statement from my agent and requires me to parrot back the same information just with a modicum of authority more.  No details but the call turned into being cried to and a horrible bunch of information that just made my heart hit my stomach.  It ended with me not having a single way to help the person and being beyond myself with how to get them to see a mote of hope at least.  I tried my hardest to hold it together but unfortunately I was in tears as the call ended.  I was very low.

I went to Pilates and Pilates Reformer today, even though I wasn't feeling well.  The boys were sure that it would help me feel better after the horrible end of the workday.  So I went in and worked and sweat my guilt and sadness away for 2 full hours of hard workout.  It was good to get involved in something that brings me comfort while also benefiting my body and mind.  I was able to keep concentration most of the time, though several times the fibro-fog made me lose track.  Lots of spoons spent, but needed to be spent today on getting healthy.

After Pilates, the boys picked me up and we decided to go out and get something to eat.  So we went to Mulligans East and had some seafood steam pots and FROG LEGS!  I had a Guinness and some Peachy beer.  All of it was tasty.  A bit pricey but it was worth it overall.

So all in all, a good early tea day, so more will need to follow tomorrow!  See you tomorrow, kids.  I'll scale a mountain or drink a ton of tea tomorrow (more likely the last option).

1 comment:

  1. At least the day ended well! =)

    Thank you for the Shirmps. I will have my vengeance on the puny "King" Salmon.

    ReplyDelete