Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Bad Symptom Day - Called In Sick

So I woke up several times in the night due to pain and had to get out some of my heavier medicine and a hot pad.  So when it came time to go to work today, I could barely move.  The pain was a bit blinding and made me very sick, so I made myself some tea.

I will admit that I did take my morning dose of medicine with a bit of tea, so not all of the soothing or lessened pain came from the tea, but it did help lift my emotional spirits and I was able to enjoy a nice cuppa.

The tea is Blend 1776 from The Whistling Kettle.



Blend 1776 is a nice smooth black tea with a sweet flavor of strawberry and some maple notes.  It's rather like a standard black tea, good with honey or without.  It has all of the body, briskness, malty flavor, and strong, bright color of an Assam and the citrus notes of the Ceylon blends.  The added maple and strawberry only make this taste better maybe even make the "roasted" flavor of the Assam.  Blend 1776 would be a good morning or breakfast tea, but honestly I will drink it no matter the time of day.

I had a cup without honey, it was pleasant tasting and helped me to relax a little.  I had a second cup and this time added a little clover honey.  Just a nice black tea with a little bit of a twist to make it a blend all its own.

I would recommend this for anyone that likes English black tea and wants a bit of kick from the Colonies.  (yes, I said it *chuckles*)




No comments:

Post a Comment