Wednesday, January 14, 2015

First Adagio Order Received!!

I was like a kid at Christmas when we saw the package on the doorstep!!  I knew the package had been delivered because Adagio Teas is amazing and sent me updates through Twitter, telling me the shipping progress of my order.

So, I dropped everything, my purse and coat and my yoga mat and ran to the kitchen counter to open the package.  I am sure my husband, David, and best friend, Rich, were amused.  But I did not pay attention, I just wanted to open the box and try out each of the teas.  So I cut open the box and dug out the two larger packaged loose leaf teas from my monthly subscription and then the small tins of Disney Princess themed teas and a somewhat medium package of the free sample for the Spiced Apple Chai.  I had a crap day at work and felt horrible all day, I even had to skip my Pilates class, so I wanted to start with a good brew.

I chose the Spiced Apple Chai first, I wasn't feeling minty or Darjeeling, so I immediately pulled out my tea pot and set the electric kettle to boil (yes, I use an electric kettle and not a stove kettle - I'm impatient haha).  I read the measurement instructions for the tea and put the correct amount into my mesh tea ball.  The kettle clicked off and was ready to go, so I put the mesh tea ball full of delicious smelling Spiced Apple Chai into the pot and poured in a 3/4 full pot.  After 5 minutes of pacing the tea had steeped and I barely even waited for my cup to cool before I took a sip. DIVINE!

I immediately sat down and watched Scotty play Shadow of Mordor and sipped my Chai.  I couldn't stop raving, so I wrote a review, I posted to FB and Twitter and talked the boys' ears off about the taste.  I finished my cup quickly, but not without full enjoyment, and then poured another cup.  This time I added a little bit of Wildflower Honey from the Bee Folks.  EVEN BETTER!  The Honey is light so it doesn't ruin the taste of the Chai.

Needless to say, I finished the whole pot of Chai by the end of dinner and decided to make a small cup of the Disney Princess tea, so I chose Jasmine since it was spiced and thus close enough to the Chai I had just enjoyed.  But that review my dears is for another day!  Stay tuned for more reviews and more blog posts in the coming days.  Will Emily enjoy another cup of tea tomorrow or will she actually find a tea she doesn't like?  Find out tomorrow!  Same Tea Blog!  Same Tea Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment