Friday, January 16, 2015

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

As this week seems to be absolutely horrible for my fibro flare-ups, I am thankful for the distraction or at least the momentary respite I get from picking, preparing, and drinking my tea.  It is also adding a nice standard of action for me in the mornings at work, one which I am enjoying for the pause or calm I get while my tea steeps. 

So, here we get to the Therapy part of my daily blogging and more specifically the daily tea drinking.  I am very blessed to only have two major medical issues, as several of my dear friends have more issues or more severe issues that I know I would be challenged to deal with properly.  My chronic issues, both of which hit sporadically though with increasing coordination of late, make it so something as simple as sitting down to talk about tea or better make a fresh cup is a vacation.  Sadly the fibro makes it so some small tasks like scooping my loose leaf into the infuser is difficult or actually holding my tea cup.  I've learned that there are days when I will drop my teacup or spill hot tea on myself, but there are more often than those days ones where I can feel a sense of serenity or happiness from the simple act of pouring flavored hot liquid into a stylish but simple cup and sipping carefully.  There are days where I cannot move well without hurting, but on those days I shop online for new tea blends, tea sets, funny tea infusers, and even various honeys.  I might even be a bit of a fanatic about honeys as much as teas at this point.  On those days I might ask for help to make a pot of tea with the bagged tea since it will be less mess and easier for someone to assist or even make for me.

David is patient and only reminds me every other day (I'm kidding, he only has joked about it) that I might need to learn how to manage my tea and honey purchases as I am running out of places to immediately house things.  We have a full house of people and space is at a premium, so I can't just decide to annex a whole part of the pantry, though I have been tempted *chuckle*.  I'm thinking this is the perfect excuse to look more seriously for a hutch or drysink that has the necessary drawers and compartments to house all of the fun drink containers and tea blends.  I also want to find better containers for the teas, be they tins or a small apothecary chest or any of those types of accessories to store and display everything.

So, now that I have done the therapy part, let's get to the tea review.  Today's tea is Pomegranate Green.  Described as a China Green Tea and sweet-tart pomegranate.  It is a fruity tart tea that I am enjoying for a pleasant distraction to my day.  I have some Bee Folks Goldenrod Honey and added a bit, just a bit to compliment the fruit.  The fruit is pomegranate and a hint of raspberry, definitely fitting the sweet-tart in the description, thankfully also two of my favorite fruits, and that is the taste that lingers after a sip.  The green tea has a light and almost delicate delivery and I find this refreshing as I snack on a banana and some blueberries.  Definitely would have to be in the mood for a fruity blend, and thankfully I was this morning.  This was just the right way to sit and sip today.  I'm also starting to think that I need to sort my teas by the emotion or situation they compliment or can fix.  Having a stressful day that is ending a fairly painful week, try a soft green tea with some punchy fruit flavor, so categories "Stress" and "Pain".  I might need to geek out and build a matrix for this, to match the perfect emotion and issue with the right tea.  OMG!  I have to go do this now.  That is probably how I am going to drive the guys nuts tonight is figuring out the algorithm for tea to non-logical emotional state.  *chuckles*  I'll get back to you on my findings and if I come up with any suitable initial matrix or matrices.

Below is a picture of the blend and the color, very soft and pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment