Thursday, January 15, 2015

Do The 'Casablanca Twist'

I could barely open my eyes today...so I stumbled into work looking quite a mess. Thank goodness we aren't generally seen by the public, or they might be concerned that the Zombiepocalypse started already. Since this is not an episode of "The Walking Dead" or even a graphic print...I'll get back to my morning.

I brought two blends with me to work. One of the two Adagio Teas subscription blends and a Gevalia blend. Since I needed a major wake-up, I selected the Casablanca Twist from Adagio Teas. This tea is described as "a bright muscatel spring Darjeeling with fresh cool mint". The description does not lie,  the bold mint is wonderful and the relaxing flavor of the green tea Darjeeling is a great compliment. There is the usual tannic astringent characteristic and some notes of the musky or muscatel spiciness. It's not too intense and the mint is a nice flavor and seems to take the front seat on the palate.

I'm a bit more awake now, definitely thanks to the tea and the effervescent mintiness. I'll probably have a cup or two more this morning.

My vote on this tea, very tasty and well done. If you're looking for a lighter tea than the usual Darjeeling black and intense enlivening aroma of mint, this tea is a good option!

No comments:

Post a Comment